ESPEN 28th COURSE IN CLINICAL NUTRITION AND METABOLIC CARE
5-10th NOVEMBER 2023 Tallinn, Estonia
General Aims of the course:
- To ensure participants have access to the latest knowledge and updates in the field of clinical nutrition and metabolism.
- To elevate practical skills in nutrition care, encompassing prevention, screening, assessment, and monitoring.
- To foster an understanding of the indications, contraindications, and effective implementation and monitoring of enteral and parenteral nutrition in everyday medical practice.
- To introduce participants to the valuable Lifelong Learning (LLL) program, providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- To cultivate an environment that encourages interdisciplinary discussion and the sharing of knowledge among participants.
The topics in the program will cover:
- Epidemiology, prevention, outcomes, and treatment of various forms of malnutrition.
- Techniques for nutritional and swallowing assessment.
- Indications, contraindications, and methods of nutrition care.
- Monitoring and complications related to clinical nutrition.
- Nutritional care of patients with critical illness, sepsis, neurology disorders, gastroenterology conditions, pulmonary diseases, oncology, and diseases of the pancreas and liver.
The program can be found here.
Venue: Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn (Toompuiestee 27, Tallinn 10149, Estonia). More info can be found here.
Applications and participants: Physicians from various specialties, as well as professionals working in the field of clinical nutrition, such as nutritionists, dietitians, pharmacists, and SALT practitioners, are eligible to apply for participation in the course. The application deadline is October 1, 2023.
To complete the application process as an ESPEN or society-recommended individuals, the following is required:
- Registration form. Found here
- Recommendation letter from national society.
For other participants, only a registration form is required.
Registration fees are as follows:
- ESPEN or national society-recommended individuals: 200 EUR (includes accommodation for 4 nights during the course in double rooms, meals, participation in two LLL courses, and the exam). If a participant prefers single occupancy, additional costs will be borne by the participant.
- Other participants: 600 EUR (includes accommodation for 4 nights in a single room, meals, participation in two LLL courses, and the exam).
Please note that ESPEN or the local organizer does not cover travel costs.
Once the application is submitted and assessed, a confirmation letter of registration and an invoice will be sent to the provided email address.
ESPEN Basic Course Leaflet: